Mechanical Design Engineer
Northern Diver is a rapidly growing company. Having been in business for over 40 years, we have created an innovative and highly regarded product range within the recreational, commercial, offshore, water rescue and military diving sectors. We are made up of a dynamic and vibrant community of staff covering a range of specialist fields, backgrounds and experience. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical design Engineer to work on underwater equipment from concept through to final manufacturing drawings, production and in field testing.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use CAD systems and other available tools to design, analyse and visualise projects, created detail and assembly drawings with attention to component details
- Undertake 3D printing, prototyping and product testing
- Assemble prototypes and perform engineering test
- Maintaining, updating and helping develop Technical Data Packages (TDP’s) that include Bills of Materials (BOM’s) and fabrication procedures
- Documents control for procedures, schematics and assembly drawings within ISO 9001 guidelines.
- Sourcing material and collaborating with overseas manufacturing partners
- Develop & maintain project cost and schedules
- Perform other duties as assigned
*Occasional travel might be required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven mechanical design skills with hands on approach
- Ability to complete projects from start to finish under a controlled QMS
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Experience of working within a manufacturing company
- 3D CAD Modelling
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Skilled in generating design calculations
- Ability to communicate verbally with a wide range of people
- Ability to work independently and safely alone
- Full UK Driving Licence
WHY WORK FOR NORTHERN DIVER?
- Competitive annual salary
- 31 days paid holiday per year
- Easily accessible working location
- Free car parking
- Regular social events
- A modern, warm and friendly working environment
SALARY: Negotiable depending on experience
HOURS: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
LOCATION: Appley Bridge, WN6 9AE (near M6 – junction 27)
If you think you're the right candidate for this role, contact Alina with your CV.
Call: +44 (0) 1257 25 6942 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org